Tangonet Business Solutions helps companies by providing technology talent where…
1) Skills gaps or personnel shortages exist and hiring full-time employees is either not practical, takes too long, is too costly or the right skills can’t be found in a timely manner
2) The transformational nature of projects don’t justify full time employees for the skills required
3) Highly skilled, smaller teams can step in quickly to meet time to market objectives, transformational and product development/project delivery commitments to ensure go to market commitments and revenue
Why US? Let’s look at it from a Q&A perspective:
Q. Why TBS?
A. Because vertical market experience – and our understanding of the buyer-side of the business. We focus on those (industries and technologies) because it’s been proven that the ramp-up time is shorter, productivity (and results) are achieved faster. We were born in the US technology market but “migrated” to the Argentine tech market in 1992. Our management is comprised of trained business advisers and technology management executives who have acquired more than $90m in software, hardware and services and can better understand the client-side business, budget and the strategic technology needs better than most.
Q. What Are the services you provide ?
A. Following is a list of primary services
2) Data Analytics/BI: Both front-end (BI) and back-end (SQL, No-SQL, ETL, DW, Big Data)
3) Cloud: Public (AWS, Azure), Private (VMWare, OpenStack)
4) Managed Services: Complete management of cloud and/or on-premise IT infrastructure with MS-certified, VMware-certified and AWS-certified engineers
Q. What Are Your Service Models?
A. There are 2 primary models
1) Teams of 1-5 under both a staff integration* and project-based model (client or TBS managed)
2) IT Infrastructure management (Help Desk – Level 1 & 2 Support) under a managed service model
Q. Why Argentina?
A. Easy question! We have been working with Argentina tech teams since 1992. We’ve recruited, structured, trained them and worked with them on many international technology projects. We can say, as proven through customer engagements, that:
1) The talent level is second to none…
2) Clients can work in real-time with our people (US business hours-CET 1/2 day)
3) Our people are a good cultural fit with our clients
4) Our people are good communicators and are proactive in their approach
5) Experience – We have been working with Argentine technology teams since 1992
Q. Why should I trust you with my project?
A. Transparency. You have access to any of our people who you might feel are worthy to work with your teams…Who they are, their Linkedin Profile, their resume, their references and you can interview them (video-conference is ok) 1-1 without our management’s interference – your choice. Is that a guarantee for success? No, but we will attempt to deal with risks in a way that benefits both sides
Q. What makes you think you’ll understand my business?
A. That’s part of the reason why we focus on verticals – we know them and that’s better for both of us. Can we and would we accept projects in other verticals…well, yes. But Telecoms, Software Product and IT companies are our focus – and is where our management and delivery teams have deep experience.
Q. Why wouldn’t you be a good match for us?
A. We seldom encounter situations that a client would be incompatible, but they exist.
1) If large-scale, cost-driven outsourcing is the objective. We provide smaller, highly skilled teams that integrate into existing client teams or work as extensions of them
2) Those who are looking for the least expensive alternative. We balance quality, cost, market realities and local regulations and in that equation we are normally not the least expensive alternative (compared with far-shore locations)
Q. Would you be willing to work as a subcontractor for a prime contractor who owns the client relationship?
A. Yes, we’ve worked in that model quite successfully and are fine with working customer-facing under sub-contractor’s branding or in the background with the prime contractor managing customer-facing duties
Q. We’ve had negative experiences with services provided by other remote teams, how do we know we’re not in for a repeat?
A. This is a key issue and we hear about this problem quite often. Let’s address it:
1) Generally the engagements start small – assigning 1 or 2 people – maybe for a prototype, POC, a small, low-risk project or even a part-time assignment. It’s been a very good way to start and we’ve proven that our teams produce, they integrate and they respond – and the risk is lowered on both sides
2) We have remote, Operational Management and local (onshore) Engagement Management that provides both a point of escalation and can act as a bridge between the teams. The problems we hear about with other remote teams are mainly caused by communications breakdowns that create misunderstandings, delays and cost-overruns. We have put the structure and process in place to minimize these problems or avoid them altogether. And we are happy to say that escalations are very rare
3) Real-time communication by working on the same (or very similar) business hours, employing advanced tools such as Slack the team can communicate fluidly and exchange information in many different formats in real-time avoiding time lag common in other far-shore locations
4) We cannot underestimate cultural alignment – culture counts
* Our Staff Integration model allows clients to work in real-time with our people – during US business hours (or very close to them depending on the exact time zone) – allowing “integration” into existing client teams